23 - 24 October, 2019
Hotel Palace, Berlin
+44 (0) 207 368 9850
Day 1 - Wednesday 23rd October 2019
8:00 am - 8:45 am Registration And Networking Coffee
8:40 am - 8:45 am Welcome Address: Lucy Bradley, Editorial Director, Worldwide Business Research
8:45 am - 8:55 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
8:55 am - 9:15 am Opening Keynote: Driving success with machine learning: How to leverage the latest techniques and rapidly scale data-driven decision making to transform internal processes and identify new opportunities
9:15 am - 9:35 am Spotlight on Innovation - Fuelling the enterprise with amplified intelligence: How can you equip business experts with AI tools to empower your people and boost cross-departmental proficiencies?
- How to mature AI models within the company framework to affect greater change on internal processes
- AI as an enabler: How to strengthen colleague competencies with accessible AI and provide better products and services to your end customer
- How can you ensure good design and implementation of AI in business processes to succeed in enterprise-wide automation?
- Delivering on enterprise AI: How to build a community of automation advocates across the organisation to drive AI-first initiatives
Arti ZeighamiGlobal Head of Advanced Analytics & AI
9:35 am - 10:15 am Panel Discussion - Overcoming black box analytics: How can you build explainable AI in-house to increase trust with transparent data models and secure board backing to further automate the enterprise?
- How can you ensure that your Advanced Analytics / AI models are solving the business problems you need solved?
- Ensuring ethical AI: What is the best approach to integrating a strong code of data practice across the enterprise to ensure ethical and proficient advanced analytics?
- Building a reliable ethics framework: What are the technical tools and techniques required to address the privacy and security concerns surrounding increased automation to ensure responsible AI applications?
- Building a code of ethics: How to equip your data teams with ethical guidelines to counteract inherent bias in algorithm development and build fair data models that enable unbiased business decision making
- Setting governance standards: How can we increase collaboration across the data science community to build an official ethics framework to ensure responsible design and application of AI?
Prasenjeet BhattacharyaLead Data Scientist - Multi Asset
NN Investment Partners
John BottegaExecutive Director
10:15 am - 10:35 am Keynote Case Study - Enabling elite performance from C-Suite to machine room: How can the c-suite and data practitioners best work together to improve company performance?
10:35 am - 10:55 am Fire Side Chat - How to find a north star metric to guide your organisation and stay ahead of the curve in rapidly evolving markets
- How can data help you connect strategy to execution? And how do you you best position analytics as a board level priority to empower the organisation with actionable insights that inform future commercial strategies?
- Creating a hypothesis driven business: How can you enable experimentation at scale with company data to identify new opportunities and fuel company growth?
- Succeeding with data storytelling: How can you make data part of day to day conversation in order to succeed in building a data-rich business culture?
10:55 am - 11:25 am Morning Coffee Break
11:25 am - 11:45 am Customer Case Study: Succeeding with data democracy through complete employee empowerment
11:45 am - 12:20 pm 360 Panel Discussion - Succeeding with rapid experimentation and deployment: What are the critical success factors in organising your people, processes and technologies to successfully implement agile workflows across the business?
- How can you build flexible data strategies that evolve in line with new technologies and organizational processes to best support business decision making?
- Succeeding with data-agility: How can you break down big data with agile processes and enable your analytics team to better handle increasing volumes of company data?
- How can you introduce agile workflows across the data department to continuously deliver on data projects that reinforce data’s value to the business?
- How to create a blueprint for agile analytics to break down internal silos and fully operationalise analytics across the business
Tanvi SinghHead of Analytics
Natalie JakomisGroup Head of Data
Markus RotterHead of Network Analytics
12:20 pm - 12:40 pm Fire Side Chat: Driving impact at scale with matrixed teams: How can you transform your analytics department with new ways of working to extract greater value from data
- Eradicating silos: How can you best design your data hub to seamlessly integrate analytics into the business and drive greater commercial impact?
- How to establish a data pipeline to optimize workflows across your data teams and productionise analytics at pace
- Creating new data owners: How can you encourage cross-company data sharing to democratise analytics across the enterprise and better marry business objectives with data science?
- Establishing the delivery model for data science: How to design your data roadmap in line with commercial goals to create synergies between the data office and the business to collaboratively deliver on corporate vision
Adam PrestonGlobal CDO, Corporate and Investment Banking
Direct Line Group
Payal JainIndependent Expert & Chair
Women in Data UK
12:40 pm - 1:00 pm Spotlight on Innovation: How to bring ML into production on a global scale and deliver a strategic portfolio of data products that matches organization-wide business objectives
- Succeeding with DataOps: How can you build a robust environment for the production and deployment of machine learning models that allows for easy adoption by the business?
- Value driven data product portfolio : How to identify future applications of ML and AI to deliver on business demands and keep the company ahead of the curve in competitive markets
- Scaling data products: How to design data products that can be quickly adopted across markets, locations or business units to maximize value and synergies?
- Automating the ML process: How to employ ML models to reduce the heavy lifting for data scientists and enable your data team to focus on high value tasks for the business
Alexander BorekGlobal Head of Data Analytics
Volkswagen Financial Services
Join our data leaders as they present real-life case studies on how they have improved company culture, fuelled innovation and boosted the bottom line within their organisations. Walk away with practical insights on how you can embed data-driven processes across a global enterprise.
1:00 pm - 1:35 pm Lightning Talk 1. Aligning your data strategy with business objectives: How to implement a scalable data strategy to build a strong foundation for in-house analytics whilst fuelling data-driven innovation
1:00 pm - 1:35 pm Lightning Talk 3. Increase speed to market: How to build a cross-functional team to productionise data science and deliver automated decision-making at pace and scale
1:00 pm - 1:35 pm Lightning Talk 4. Generating value from data: How to succeed in data monetisation with innovative data products and services that create new revenue streams for your business
Chair: Pete Williams, Director, Data and Online, Penguin Random House
Track A: Driving Deeper Customer Insights2:35 pm - 3:10 pm Case Study Interactive - Personalising CX: How to extract actionable insights from digital data sets to better understand and deliver on your customer needs
Driving revenue through web analytics: How to leverage consumer insights from digital footprints to recommend relevant products and services that increase engagement and boost sales
How to employ data science to create unique customer experiences that maximize efficiencies along the customer journey
Boosting customer engagement: How to use data insights to target and re-target customers with relevant offers and turn them into long term brand fans?
How can you link data-driven insights to customer success rates to demonstrate data’s role in generating company revenue?
Florian BonnetSenior Director of Product
Track A: Driving Deeper Customer Insights3:10 pm - 3:50 pm Panel Discussion: How can you optimise cross-channel customer journeys with personalised customer campaigns that drive loyalty and boost conversion rates?
How to optimise cross-channel customer journeys with personalised customer campaigns that drive loyalty and boost conversion rates
Transforming ominchannel CX: How to leverage customer data to create a single customer view and provide personalised customer communications at every touch point
How can you best apply consumer insights to build a unified view of your customer and build brand loyalty with relevant services across all customer channels?
Which analytics tools are best placed to connect your consumer data sources to build a more coherent view of your customers and identify new opportunities for engagement?
Exploring ethics in consumer analytics: How can you ensure ethical best practice when working with customer data to create appropriate propositions in line with customer needs?
James CottonDirector, Customer Analytics
Pete WilliamsDirector, Data and Online
Penguin Random House
Michelle WongHead of Marketing Analytics
Tom RolphVP, EMEA
Chair: Andrew McMurtrie, Head of Data, Green Flag
Track B: Achieving Data-Driven Business Transformation2:35 pm - 3:10 pm Case Study Interactive: How to build business partnerships across the organisation to identify value-add areas for data analytics and drive digital transformation
Conducting company analysis: How to cleanse and analyse company data to identify key insights and transform your customer proposition to compete in saturated markets
How to embed data science tools onto your technology stack to surface relevant data and enable employees to provide greater customer value
How to implement an advanced analytics platform to extract intelligence from enormous data sets and deliver high impact data projects that fuel company growth
Empowering the business with analytics: How to train your data team to ask business critical questions and design data projects that deliver on core company goals
Duncan BainSenior Data Scientist
Track B: Achieving Data-Driven Business Transformation3:10 pm - 3:20 pm Spotlight on Innovation: Exploring comprehensive analysis of growing data stores: How data leaders can turn big data into their biggest asset to propel company performance
David Leichner CMO Sqream
David Leichner CMO Sqream
Track B: Achieving Data-Driven Business Transformation3:20 pm - 3:50 pm Case Study Interactive: Successfully implementing an integrated approach to data and analytics: Developing business partnerships and achieving synergies from an end-to-end value chain
Ian Wallis Director Data Strategists
Ian Wallis Director Data Strategists
Increase competitive advantage and customer loyalty
Optimize business and operational efficiency
Increase profits and open new revenue steams
Track C: Optimising your Analytics Ecosystem2:35 pm - 3:10 pm Synergy Workshop: How can you best leverage AI applications for accurate business monitoring?
Wondering how to scale your analytics stack? How to get greater insights but spend less time on dashboards?
This interactive workshop is catered to your own monitoring goals and drafting a customized plan to achieve them.Statistical learning expert Dr. Ira Cohen, Founder and Chief Data Scientist of Anodot, will briefly cover the AI analytics landscape and how different teams and verticals are using it for automated, scalale monitoring, real-time alerts, unsiloed correlation, and more.
You'll then assess your own challenges and objectives before finding the solution that best addresses your needs
Ira CohenCo-Founder and Chief Data Scientist
Track C: Optimising your Analytics Ecosystem3:10 pm - 3:50 pm Synergy Workshop: Succeeding with data science and software engineering: What are the best methods and technologies to successfully get your data models from design into production at pace and scale?
How to introduce software engineering skills into your analytics division to increase effective governance across your data models
How can you leverage feature management tools to automate data features in your models?
How can you identify which data tools are best placed to performance in cloud vs proprietary environments?
Dr Detlef NauckChief Research Scientist, Data Science
Track D: Exploring the Future of Data Management2:35 pm - 3:35 pm Synergy Workshop
3:50 pm - 4:20 pm Afternoon Networking Break
Track A: Driving Deeper Customer Insights4:20 pm - 4:50 pm Case Study Interactive: How can you best leverage analytics to automate decision making and make informed investments to optimize your marketing strategy
Balancing automation and the human touch to generate value: How can you support your marketers with analytics to generate the most impactful strategies for the business?
Bridging the gaps in the business: Unlocking a collaboration framework to identify new opportunities and meet company growth targets
The communication challenge: How can you best train your analysts and data scientists to speak the language of the business to best deliver for internal clients?
Sergio RomeroDirector, Enterprise Analytics
Track A: Driving Deeper Customer Insights4:50 pm - 5:30 pm Case Study Interactive - Succeeding with co-creation: How can you partner with business leaders and build trust to unlock the full potential of advanced analytics across your business to boost the bottom line?
Track B: Achieving Data-Driven Business Transformation4:20 pm - 4:50 pm Case Study Interactive: How to integrate intelligent analytics tools into your marketing strategy to streamline internal processes and empower your digital marketers with real-time insights
Succeeding with growth marketing: How to best leverage advancements in machine learning to transform your digital marketing strategy and boost customer engagement
How can ML models enable you to build recommender systems to target and attract customers with relevant content and services?
Integrating pricing analytics: How to apply automated analytics to better understand your customer’s buying behaviours and build optimal pricing models for the business
Boosting performance of online advertising: How to unlock marketing insights to identify new opportunities for customers and meet company growth targets
How can you determine what level of automation and human intervention is required to generate the most accurate insights for the business?
Satya SinghSenior Product Manager, Data, Marketing and Automation
Track B: Achieving Data-Driven Business Transformation4:50 pm - 5:30 pm Case Study Interactive - How can you best partner software engineering and data science skillsets to transform your analytics department and service the business with innovative data products?
Building the optimum data workflow model: How can you best structure your people, processes and technology to enable smarter in-house analytics?
How can you best organise your data science and software engineering teams to establish a collaborative working environment and set your data office up for success?
How can you recruit for the breadth of skill sets required for the evolving role of data science and analytics in the enterprise?
How is the role of the data function set to change in line with increased digitalisation and automation and how can you prepare your people to take advantage?
Dan KellettSenior Director of Data Science
Track C: Optimising your Analytics Ecosystem4:20 pm - 5:30 pm Synergy Workshop - Unlocking value from Patent Analytics: How to Determine Future Leaders in Disruptive Technologies
Telling the Truth Ahead of Time: Predictive Power of Novel Smart Patent Indicators
Patents as Established Information Source for Competitive and Technology Intelligence
Challenges in Structuring and Enriching Patent Data
Unique Insights from Patent Data into Competitive Environment and R&D strategy
Marco RitcherChief Operating Officer
PatentSight, LexisNexis Company
Track D: Exploring the Future of Data Management4:20 pm - 4:40 pm Case Study Interactive: Bringing analytics in-house: How to best build a scalable platform to empower your analytics team to unlock greater insights from increasing data sets and better support the business
Track D: Exploring the Future of Data Management4:50 pm - 5:30 pm Creative Boardroom: Building a modern data ecosystem: How to create a solid foundation for data analytics to provide your business with high quality insights
How can you implement effective data governance strategies and enable for advanced analytics applications across the enterprise?
How can you showcase data architecture as a core company asset to secure future investments in data governance?
How can you scale in-house data architecture to set the framework for AI and ML applications and fuel data-driven processes across the organisation?
Building a platform for AI: How can you invest in the right data infrastructure for your organization to support advanced analytics at scale?
Tom DalglishEMEA Regional Advocate
Track E: Developing Top Talent3:50 pm - 5:00 pm Rising Stars Boardroom: How can today’s data C-suite empower the future leaders of tomorrow with key business, data and communication skills to successfully prepare them for the many requirements of the modern CDO?
5:50 pm - 5:55 pm Chairperson’s Closing Remarks
5:55 pm - 7:30 pm Oktoberfest Networking Drinks Reception
Catch up with your colleagues outside of the conference room whilst unwinding at the Data Leaders Summit Drinks Reception.