17 - 18 October, 2018
Hotel NH Collection Barcelona Tower
Contact: 44 (0) 207 036 9451
Agenda Day 1
8:00 am - 8:55 am Registration And Networking Coffee
8:55 am - 9:00 am Welcome Address: Lucy Bradley, Editorial Director, Worldwide Business Research
9:00 am - 9:05 am Chairperson’s Opening RemarksPaul Laughlin - Founder and Managing Director Laughlin Consultancy
9:05 am - 9:20 am Board Keynote: Defining the blueprint for success in data-driven business: How can succeed in driving actionable insights across every part of your business?Dr Stefan Meinzer - Head of Advanced Analytics, EMEA BMW
- Increasing data competencies: How to sell the vision of the data-enabled business to the board and gain critical buy-in for your data transformation journey
- Implementing an analytics roadmap for the business: How can you scale a data-first culture within the business to increase education around analytics and unlock greater value from your data?
- Delivering on the need for speed: How can you best generate actionable intelligence from your master data to empower the leadership team with fast decision making tools
- Overcoming legacy challenges: How can you build the ultimate data ecosystem to fuel every part of the business with actionable analytics?
Dr Stefan MeinzerHead of Advanced Analytics, EMEA
9:20 am - 9:40 am Inspirational Keynote: Building a future-proof data science capability for the enterprise: How to create a scalable data science maturity model to enable your business to reach and exceed its goalsEnda Ridge - Head of Data Science and Algorithms Sainsbury's
Many Data Science initiatives fail to launch because organisations do not understand the dependencies, people, process and technologies needed to make Data Science a success. This is all the more challenging in organisations with legacy systems, technology constraints and a business culture that is not data driven.
In this keynote, You will learn:
· 5 key challenges you will encounter in the first year and the steps to overcome them
· How to best structure your teams to get valuable data products into the business at pace
· A data science maturity model for year 2 and beyond so you can set your strategy and measure progress
Enda RidgeHead of Data Science and Algorithms
9:40 am - 10:00 am Practitioner Case Study: Applying AI: Where—and how—to put artificial intelligence models to work and deliver real business impactNicolaus Henke - Partner McKinsey Analytics
While AI technology is still in its infancy and not yet deployed at scale, high-value-business use cases already exist across industries. The time has come for organizations to apply AI. During this session, Nicolaus Henke, Global Leader of McKinsey Analytics, will explore:
· How AI techniques map to specific business problems
· The economic value of hundreds of AI use cases, and the “lift” of more advanced techniques such as artificial neural networks over more traditional classification and machine learning techniques
· How to begin applying AI at scale
10:00 am - 10:40 am 360˚ Panel Discussion: Productionising data models at speed: How can you build a scalable data framework to reduce the timeline from data capture to insight generation and accelerate business impact at pace?Paul Laughlin - Founder and Managing Director Laughlin Consultancy Harry Powell - Head of Corporate Analytics Jaguar Land Rover Ryan den Rooijen - Head of Data Dyson Keith Graham - Senior VP Sales WANdisco
- Creating clean data: How can you standardise your data processes to build common data models throughout the enterprise and provide each department with access to accurate analytics?
- How can you create a template for deploying data science across the business to serve each company function with actionable insights?
- Engraining data science within company culture: How can you embed analytics within BAU to create a solid end-to-end data science workflow and productionise insights at huge scale?
- How can you accelerate the pace of algorithm innovation to get advanced analytics into production faster and serve the business with deeper insights?
Harry PowellHead of Corporate Analytics
Jaguar Land Rover
Ryan den RooijenHead of Data
Keith GrahamSenior VP Sales
10:40 am - 11:00 am Morning Case Study: Leveraging consumer insights from big data to craft customised experiences: How to better capture, analyse and apply consumer data to transform your business into a customer-centric companyCarlos Soares - Head of Marketplace Analytics Nike
- How can you streamline aggregation of consumer data to speed-up analysis and reduce the timeframe from data collection to developing customer-centric services?
- Creating data-driven experiences: How can you better track consumer’s data footprints across your digital touch points to gain a better understanding of customer behaviour and deliver consistent customer-centric experiences?
- Creating the business of the future: How can you implement machine learning to automate analysis of customer data and generate in-depth insights that enable you to build more complete profiles of your customers?
- How can you leverage the increasing digitalisation of products and services to collect more detailed customer data and generate meaningful insights to drive faster business decision making?
Carlos SoaresHead of Marketplace Analytics
11:00 am - 11:20 am Futuristic Keynote: Separating hype from reality: How to identify pain points within the business and leverage insights derived from big data to enable more informed decision making across the business to boost the bottom lineElena Gil - Global Big Data Director Telefonica
- Succeeding in smart business: What is the best way to clean and prepare your data sets ready for analytics applications to ensure true insight generation?
- Introducing analytics as company advisor: How can you validate the output generated by analytics algorithms to company stakeholders to build trust around big data applications and secure backing for future data initiatives?
- Creating man-machine collaboration: How can your data scientists best work with huge volumes of data to unlock deeper insights and gain a more holistic view of your company data sets?
Elena GilGlobal Big Data Director
11:20 am - 11:45 am Morning Networking Break
Embedding Data in your DNA
Driving Deeper Customer Insights11:45 am - 12:30 pm Case Study Interactive: Transforming cross-channel attribution with customer analytics: How can you derive deeper insights from customer behaviour to streamline attribution modelling and transform the customer experience at every touchpoint? Ewan Nicholson - Principal Data Scientist Skyscanner
- How can you efficiently test, operationalise and scale your attribution models across all your customer touch points to identify your highest performing channel?
- Optimising multi-touch attribution: How can you best build data models to successfully track customer behaviour across your brand channels and build an accurate single customer view?
- Automating marketing successes: How to introduce machine learning to uncover the true value that your various marketing campaigns are offering your customers
- Measuring brand equity: How can you leverage digital analytics to gain insights into the impact of your brand messaging on customer behaviour?
Ewan NicholsonPrincipal Data Scientist
Driving Deeper Customer Insights12:30 pm - 1:15 pm Panel Discussion: Overcoming being data rich but information poor: How can you bring together disparate consumer data sets to provide more personalised products and services that meet and exceed customer needs? Sarah Jewkes - Director, Mobile Analytics and Marketing Acquisition Hotels.com Jose Sanchez Loureda - VP, Head of Data Science Carson Wagonlit Travel
- How can you move beyond customer segmentation to build individual profiles of your customers and provide tailored product pricing that increase cross and up-selling opportunities
- How can you analyse historical and current customer intelligence to predict future shopping missions and create relevant communication that drive marketing impact and boost conversion rates?
- How can you apply advances in AI to create empathetic chat bots that provide real solutions to customer queries for a more personalised and relevant experience?
- How can you continue to collect customer data under GDPR to provide personalised interactions and boost customer life time value
Sarah JewkesDirector, Mobile Analytics and Marketing Acquisition
Jose Sanchez LouredaVP, Head of Data Science
Carson Wagonlit Travel
Driving Deeper Customer Insights1:15 pm - 2:15 pm Networking Lunch
Achieving Data-Driven Business Transformation11:45 am - 12:30 pm Case Study: GE Aviation – How are current Data Projects fuelling Supply Chain success across the business? Honor Powrie - Data & Analytics GE Aviation Digital Donna Green - Senior Staff Data Scientist GE Aviation Digital
GE Aviation has been using data and analytics to inform engineering based operations for more than two decades. We create outcome based solutions that deliver customer value.In this talk for Data Leaders’ Summit Europe, we will outline some of the current ‘Big Data’ projects for GE Aviation, the over-arching strategy and introduce a case study, demonstrating how we have approached and delivered tangible value for GE Aviation’s supply chain. We will show how bulky scheduling tasks have been transformed into the digital space to enable up-to-the-moment status and projections to be obtained for supply chain activities.
Honor PowrieData & Analytics
GE Aviation Digital
Donna GreenSenior Staff Data Scientist
GE Aviation Digital
Achieving Data-Driven Business Transformation12:15 pm - 12:30 pm Joseph Nelson - Data Advocacy Lead General Assembely
Achieving Data-Driven Business Transformation12:30 pm - 1:15 pm How to structure and embed machine learning at the center of your business to serve the entire value chain at speed and scale Ben Chamberlain - Head of Data Science Asos.com
- How can you best organise your data science team to get insights into production at pace and boost company productivity
- How can you effectively allocate tasks to your team members based on individual skill sets to optimise team efficiency?
- Increasing your data maturity: What is the best approach to trailing new technologies in-house to ensure your data function is up to speed with the latest innovations?
- How can you boost collaborations with colleagues across the business to help them adopt data-driven insights and increase their success rates?
Ben ChamberlainHead of Data Science
Achieving Data-Driven Business Transformation1:15 pm - 2:15 pm Networking Lunch
Optimising your Data Ecosystem11:45 am - 12:30 pm Synergy Workshop: Empowering employees with self-service capabilities: How can you build user- friendly applications to deploy self-serve analytics at scale to speed up cross-departmental workflows and boost company results? Luisa Hallmann - Analytics Product Lead, Strategic Insights TripAdvisor
- Democratising data: How can you utilise your data lake as a centeralised resource for the business to establish a data friendly culture across the company that enables business functions to self-serve?
- How can you effectively govern your data whilst empowering the business with self service capabilities?
- Ensuring quality insights: What is the best approach to monitoring the use of analytics across the business to ensure colleagues are working with true insights when they self-serve?
- How can you scale self-service analytics across multiple offices to ensure companywide access to self service data?
Luisa HallmannAnalytics Product Lead, Strategic Insights
Optimising your Data Ecosystem12:30 pm - 1:15 pm Synergy Workshop: Empowering employees with self-service capabilities: How can you build user-friendly applications to deploy self-serve analytics at scale to speed up cross-departmental workflows and boost company results? Luisa Hallmann - Analytics Product Lead, Strategic Insights TripAdvisor
- How can you leverage employee feedback to gain a deeper understanding of company processes and design self-service tools that enable your colleagues to make sense of all the information at their fingers tips?
- What is the best approach to educating your colleagues on the advantages of self-service analytics to boost adoption rates and optimise business impact?
- How can you leverage data visualization to create engaging concepts for your colleagues to easily access and action insights?
- Maintaining robust governance of the self-service environment: How can you effectively train the business to ensure proper access and use of analytics?
Luisa HallmannAnalytics Product Lead, Strategic Insights
Optimising your Data Ecosystem1:15 pm - 2:15 pm Exclusive CDO & CAO Lunch: How can Data and Analytics Chief’s break down internal barriers and design the roadmap for data-driven digital transformation across the business? Javier Campos - General Manager Experian UK&I and EMEA Data Labs.
Building A Robust Data Governance Framework11:45 am - 12:30 pm CDO Focus: Enhancing data assurance across the enterprise: What is best practice for integrating robust data governance into core company processes to deliver the highest quality data – legally and securely - to every part of the business? Jason Nathan - Group Managing Director, Data Dunhumby
- How can you best source, process and manage your data sets to run compliant and effective analytics that drive insights into every business function?
- Improving analytical competency: How can you develop a bespoke data governance strategy for your internal data sets to ensure accurate and consistent analytics?
- How to build a robust data governance strategy that better protects your data whilst enabling greater in-house innovation and partnership opportunities
- How can you effectively integrate data governance into core company processes to build a robust strategy for data quality that touches every part of the business?
Jason NathanGroup Managing Director, Data
Building A Robust Data Governance Framework12:30 pm - 1:15 pm Synergy Workshop:
Building A Robust Data Governance Framework1:15 pm - 2:15 pm Exclusive CDO & CAO Lunch: How can Data and Analytics Chief’s break down internal barriers and design the roadmap for data-driven digital transformation across the business? Javier Campos - General Manager Experian UK&I and EMEA Data Labs.
Building an Advanced Analytics Engine
Fueling Business Growth2:15 pm - 3:00 pm Achieving data-led business transformation: How to build and scale a customer-centric data science team to revolutionise your customer value proposition and boost profitability Tom Spencer - Head of Customer Science Aviva Quantum
- How can you recruit the diverse skill sets you need to build a world class data science team for your business?
- How can you best devise a roadmap for analytics to successfully implement a scalable data-first approach across the organisation?
- How can you leverage data insights to create a culture of customer-first for every department?
- How to best utilise customer data to drive better decision making across the business when trialling new customer products and services?
Tom SpencerHead of Customer Science
Fueling Business Growth3:00 pm - 3:45 pm Case Study Interactive: Preventing customer churn: How can you apply advanced analytics techniques to consumer data to predict future customer behaviour and provide relevant services that meet and exceed their needs? Gael Decoudu - Head of Data Science & Digital Analytics Shop Direct
- How can you bring deep learning algorithms into production at speed to provide real-time insights that enable you to react to consumer behavior and provide the ultimate customer experience?
- How can you introduce deep learning to increase precision when exploring and identifying the cause of customer churn?
- How can you best implementneural networks to model customer behavioural histories that help to predict future interactions with your brand?
- Improving customer services: How can you best democratise deep learning capabilities to enable your consumer facing teams to identify future customer churn and make contact before you loose a sale?
- Applying deep learning to unlock new product and service innovations: How to apply algorithms to customer data to support the business in launching new offerings based on future predicted future needs and wants
Gael DecouduHead of Data Science & Digital Analytics
Fueling Business Growth3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Afternoon Networking Break
Automating Insight Generation2:15 pm - 3:00 pm Case Study Interactive: Separating hype from reality: How can you apply artificial intelligence to raw data sets to discover new insights and deliver greater value for the business? Dr Detlef Nauck - Chief Research Scientist, Data Science BT
- Validating data quality: How can you best test for data integrity and prepare your data sets for running AI algorithms to ensure accurate insight generation?
- How can you overcome company nervousness around automating business decision making and create advocates for AI applications?
- Succeeding in company-wide AI adoption: How to get buy-in for new AI initiatives from the top-down and bottom-up to succeed in automating analytics at scale?
- Generating powerful insights: How can you introduce AI into your data infrastructure to delve deeper into your data ecosystem and discover actionable intelligence to boost the business bottom line?
- Validating automated insights:
- Where is the role of the data scientist still required when working with AI in the corporate environment?
Dr Detlef NauckChief Research Scientist, Data Science
Automating Insight Generation3:00 pm - 3:45 pm Case Study Interactive: Productionising machine learning to automate the enterprise: How can you pin-point which core business processes to transform with increased automation and streamline daily workflows to boost in-house efficiencies? Harvinder Atwal - Head of Data Strategy and Advanced Analytics Moneysupermarket.com
- How can you ensure fully automated business intelligence is consistently accurate to enable evidence-informed decision making by stakeholders?
- How can you leverage insights generated by automated analytics to identify new product development and customer service opportunities to improve speed to market?
- How can you prioritise applications of machine learning to reduce manual effort and enable colleagues to focus on adding value?
- Taking a start-up approach to business: How can you unleash the full benefits of automation to transform the enterprise with an agile and adaptable corporate framework?
Harvinder AtwalHead of Data Strategy and Advanced Analytics
Automating Insight Generation3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Afternoon Networking Break
Optimising your Data Ecosystem2:15 pm - 3:45 pm Synergy Workshop: Reaping the full benefits of an agile low cost cloud environment: How can you best set-up and navigate an in-house cloud environment to drive more intelligent insights from huge volumes of corporate data? Eric Tryee - Chief Data Scientist Carlson Wagonlit Travel
- Introducing cloud analytics:How to successfully transition to the cloud from proprietary partnerships to unleash the full power of your data in an open environment?
- How can you progress from piloting a cloud environment to scaling out a fully operational platform for the business?
- What are the key considerations during cloud implementation and migration to ensure BAU?
- How can you encourage a culture of creative analytics amongst your data teams to reach optimum potential from working in the cloud?
- How can you reassure business stakeholders around security concerns of working with company data in the cloud?
Eric TryeeChief Data Scientist
Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Optimising your Data Ecosystem3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Afternoon Networking Break
Delivering Agile Master Data Management2:15 pm - 3:00 pm The Data Leadership Paradox The Data Leader’s remit can seem an impossible one – on one hand having to be a business leader yet manage complex technology, enable an organisation to unlock and use the value of data yet control yet govern the data to ensure it is secure and used ethically. Join this workshop to explore the challenges of the modern Data Leader and the strategies required to succeed on all sides of the role without compromising the strategic and business goals with the technology and operational ones. Alex Henry - Director of Customer Solutions Domo
During this workshop we will discuss:
- Balancing control with distribution of data and analytics
- Evaluating data value not data size
- Creating a data movement within the organisation – shifting from reporting to action-orientation
- Moving to right-context data, not reactive or real-time
Alex HenryDirector of Customer Solutions
Delivering Agile Master Data Management3:00 pm - 3:45 pm CDO Boardroom: Creating a best-in-class MDM strategy for your enterprise: How to effectively combine disparate structured and unstructured data sets to harness better quality intelligence across the enterprise Harry Powell - Head of Corporate Analytics Jaguar Land Rover
- Unifying your master data: How can you succeed in intelligent master data management to drive better insights and boost business results?
- How can you educate the business on the importance of working with clean company data to ensure longevity and profitability in your future data roadmap?
- How can you combine unstructured and structured data sets to deliver a single view of business-critical data to company stakeholders?
- How can you attain data from multiple sources at speed and scale and integrate into your MDM strategy to provide real-time insights and aid business decision making?
Harry PowellHead of Corporate Analytics
Jaguar Land Rover
Delivering Agile Master Data Management3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Afternoon Networking Break
4:15 pm - 4:45 pm Regulatory Keynote: Exploring the future of the data landscape under GDPR: How are companies operating under heightened data privacy and how can you use the recent regulation to your advantage?Steve Wright - Head of Data Security and Privacy John Lewis Partnership
- Bringing back best practice: What has the real impact of GDPR been on the workflow of analysts and data scientists?
- Boosting customer relationships: How can you best educate your customers on the value in the ‘data exchange’ to increase their confidence in sharing personal information to enable you to provide more a relevant customer experience?
- Identifying new business opportunities from regulation: How can you work with GDPR to become more customer-centric in your product offerings to drive profits and meet your business transformation goals?
- Using GDPR to your competitive advantage: How to work in harmony with data regulations to produce new revenue streams from cleaner and better quality data sets and fuel business growth
- What are the key considerations for future technology investments in order to support and maintain in-house compliance?
Steve WrightHead of Data Security and Privacy
John Lewis Partnership
4:45 pm - 5:25 pm Guest Speaker: Shaping the future of our environment from outer space: How to collect huge volumes of intelligence from satellites and distribute as open data to enable global bodies to monitor the changing nature of our worldPierre-Philippe Mathieu - Earth Observation Data Scientist European Space Agency
5:25 pm - 5:55 pm Dragons' Den: Of the many new technologies set to change the future of the data universe, which are the best innovations to invest in to improve your ability to deliver more actionable insights to the business at scale?Deborah Alasraki - CEO 3D Click Gerard Compte - CEO FindThatLead Alfonso Escriche - CEO Cerqana Andres Manso - Founder Incubio
Join our dragons as they assess the latest analytics innovations from start-up companies pitching their tech in a bid to win first place. Listen up as the dragons review the technology’s benefits to your business, predict their future success and deliver their verdicts. The ultimate decision is in your hands though, as the audience get to vote for their favourite. Will you find the next big thing?